Affordable Barstow Divorce Attorney – Best Family Law Firm Advocating For Your Interest in Child Support, Child Custody, Visitation Rights, Fathers Rights, Spousal Support/Alimony, & Asset Division During Contest/Uncontested Divorce
An experienced Barstow divorce attorney and family law lawyer can help you during your legal issues.
When a divorce is sought by two involved individuals proper legal proceedings must be adhered to. A divorce in California would need the superior court to hear the case and review its full scope before approving or disapproving the settlement.
Preparing the Right Forms to Activate Divorce Proceedings
A divorce requires the proper submission of the right forms in order to activate the divorce process with or without a divorce lawyer. These divorce proceeding forms are standard in the court of law in California. They can be secured online at the official California Courts website.
Clear instructions are available in video and PDF options to help parties fill in the required forms correctly. Alternatively, an experienced divorce lawyer in California is well versed in filling up these forms on behalf of the involved parties.
There may be additional forms to be filled up before selecting the preferred courthouse for submission and hearing. It is wise to confirm with the local court on every divorce proceeding that is correct and acceptable to avoid wasting time and effort in filing a divorce in Poway, California.
These forms should be accurately and thoroughly filled up in response to the questions posed. Filling in these forms on the computer is a better alternative to writing by hand.
There would be two types of divorce documents to be filled up:
- Petitioner form for the spouse requesting the divorce
- Respondent form for the spouse who was served with the divorce papers
Petition and Respondent Actions in Form Filling
Both the petitioner and respondent in a divorce must fill up their necessary divorce forms before the court review.
A petition activates the divorce process through:
- Downloading the Petition form and fill it up
- Complete the necessary form for children under 18 years of age for child custody or visitation considerations
- Complete the necessary form for property declaration to enable the court to rule the dispensation of properties
- Abstaining from signing any sworn statements or declarations unless in the presence of a notary.
A respondent who has been serving the petitioner’s initiative with divorce papers must take the following reciprocal steps:
- Complete the response by filling up the necessary forms to counter the petitioner’s initiative
- Complete the Declaration form for child custody if children below 18 years old are currently with the petitioner
- Abstain from signing any declaration or sworn statement unless there is a notary present.
Email Or Call Us Now For Child Custody/Support, Spousal Support/Alimony, Visitation Rights etc
Email us through our contact form or call us.